AP Computer Science and App Development
If you like working with computers and think you might like to learn to program, then this is definitely the right program for you. You will work with state of the art facilities, computers and tablets as you learn Java.
Over the course of the school year students will learn relevant computer science skills and be prepared to take the AP exam for the potential to earn college credit in high school. The AP Computer Science A course introduces students to computer science with fundamental topics that include problem solving, design strategies and methodologies, organization of data (data structures), approaches to processing data (algorithms), analysis of potential solutions, and the ethical and social implications of computing.
Students are encouraged to participate in SkillsUSA.
Top Ten Reasons to Study Computer Science
- Computing is part of everything we do!
- Expertise in computing enables you to solve complex, challenging problems.
- Computing enables you to make a positive difference in the world.
- Computing offers many types of lucrative careers.
- Computing jobs are here to stay, regardless of where you are located.
- Expertise in computing helps even if your primary career is something else.
- Computing offers great opportunities for true creativity and innovativeness.
- Computing has space for both collaborative work and individual effort.
- Computing is an essential part of well-rounded academic preparation.
- Future opportunities in computing are without boundaries.