Interested in a high-growth career in manufacturing? The Advanced Manufacturing Program is an exciting opportunity for high school students to gain skills and experience needed to help prepare for a career in the manufacturing industry.
Advanced Manufacturing is a year-long course where students learn a wide range of manufacturing skills in a businesslike environment. Through hands-on practice, students learn industry safety processes, print reading, customer-focused design, precision measurement, sheet metal fabrication, welding fabrication, 3D printing, laser cutting/engraving, and manual machining. Students maintain shop equipment, collaborate on major fabrication projects, and use LEAN to improve efficiency. Students can earn industry certifications in Additive Manufacturing and CAD,
Graduates of the program have launched manufacturing careers/apprenticeships and succeeded in post secondary technical/engineering education.
Students are encouraged to participate in SkillsUSA.
- Become skilled at reading plans and drawings
- Develop project management skills
- Develop skills in metal fabrication, electric metal bonding and gas welding and cutting
- Learn to safely operate hand tools, machines and shop equipment used in manufacturing
- Use a variety of tools to correctly measure, prepare and complete metal fabrication projects as well as an electric metal-bonding project.
- Learn about careers in aerospace manufacturing
- — and much, much more!
- Aircraft assembler
- Project manager
- Safety inspector