Interested in a high-growth career in aerospace or manufacturing? The Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing Program is an exciting opportunity for high school students to gain skills and experience needed to help prepare for a career in the aerospace industry or with other advanced manufacturing employers. Students may participate in an industry internship.
- Learn the history of aviation and the development of aircraft
- Become skilled at reading plans and drawings
- Explore the properties of metals and build a metal box of aluminum or titanium
- Develop project management skills
- Develop skills in metal fabrication, electric metal bonding and gas welding and cutting
- Learn to safely operate hand tools, machines and shop equipment used in the manufacturing and assembly of airplane components
- Use a variety of tools to correctly measure, prepare and complete metal fabrication projects as well as an electric metal-bonding project.
- Learn about careers in aerospace manufacturing
- — and much, much more!
Course Framework (pdf)
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft mechanic
- Aerospace engineer
- Project manager
- Safety inspector